New Movie Releases: Friday, January 25, 2008
Some excellent movies opening this weekend including the kick ass Rambo action flick. Just click on the corresponding links to purchase the movie posters:
- Rambo (Action) – Twenty years after the last film in the series, Rambo (in Thailand) and some hired mercenaries set out to rescue some missing aid workers, who are being held captive in a Burmese village.
Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Julie Benz, Matthew Marsden, Graham McTavish, Jake La Botz; Directed by: Sylvester Stallone
- Meet the Spartans (Comedy) – After successfully skewering Hollywood’s scariest movie (as two of the writers on “Scary Movie”), romantic comedy franchises (“Date Movie”), and Hollywood blockbusters ( “Epic Movie”), writers/directors/producers Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer now set their sights on “300.” The heroic Leonidas, armed with nothing by leather underwear and a cape, leads a ragtag group of 13 – count ‘em, 13! — Spartans to defend their homeland against the invading Persians (whose ranks include Ghost Rider, Rocky Balboa, the Transformers, and a hunchbacked Paris Hilton).
Cast: Michael Arnona, Diedrich Bader, Ike Barinholtz, Briana Barran, Natasha Blasick ; Directed by: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer
- 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days (Drama) – During the course of one day in 1987 in Communist Romania, Otilia helps her friend and roommate Gabita to get a late-term abortion done (at that time, any sort of abortion, as well as any kind of contraceptive were illegal in Romania). The film is very realistic and shows the rough and gritty situation in which the girls, particularly Otilia, must make decisions and deal with their consequences. Not for the faint of heart.
Cast: Anamaria Marinca, Laura Vasiliu, Vlad Ivanov; Directed by: Cristian Mungiu
Buy 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days movie posters here
- Michael Clayton (Re-release) – “Michael Clayton is a 45-year-old attorney who feels that he hasn’t done everything that he could have done with his life; he’s starting to think he should have done something else, or could have done better,” says writer-director Tony Gilroy. “He’s made some bad choices and a lot of compromises. He has come to the point in life where his next few decisions will determine everything about him.
Cast: George Clooney, Tom Wilkinson, Tilda Swinton, Sydney Pollack, Jennifer Ehle, Michael O’Keefe, Ken Howard; Directed by: Tony Gilroy
Buy Michael Clayton movie posters here
- How She Move (Drama/Musical) – Bursting with raw talent and intelligence, Raya Green (WESLEY), the daughter of Jamaican immigrants, has always been the family’s one great hope. She won the rare chance to break out of their drug and crime-infested neighborhood when she was accepted into the exclusive Seaton Academy. But when her sister dies of an overdose, the family is shattered and Raya is forced to return to the place she tried so hard to escape.
Cast: Tracey Armstrong, Clé Bennett, David Carmon, Keyshia Cole; Directed by: Ian Iqbal Rashid