New DVD Releases – Tuesday March 11, 2008
Some excellent DVD(s) being released this, Tuesday. No Country for Old Men is a “must see.”
- August Rush (Drama) – Synopsis: “August Rush” tells the story of a charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) who have a chance encounter one magical night above New York’s Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, August Rush, orphaned by circumstance. Now performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams), August (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.
Cast: Freddie Highmore, Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robin Williams, Terrence Howard, William Sadler; Directed by: Kirsten Sheridan
- Bee Movie (Animation) – Synopsis: “Bee Movie” is a comedy that will change everything you think you know about bees. Having just graduated from college, a bee by the name of Barry B. Benson (Jerry Seinfeld) finds himself disillusioned with the prospect of having only one career choice – honey. As he ventures outside of the hive for the first time, he breaks one of the cardinal rules of the bee world and talks to a human, a New York City florist named Vanessa (Renée Zellweger). He is shocked to discover that the humans have been stealing and eating the bees’ honey for centuries, and ultimately realizes that his true calling in life is to set the world right by suing the human race for stealing their precious honey.
Cast: Jerry Seinfeld, Renée Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Chris Rock, Megan Mullally, Kathy Bates, Alan Arkin, Patrick Warburton; Directed by: Steve Hickner, Simon J. Smith
- Dan in Real Life (Comedy) – Synopsis: Advice columnist Dan Burns is an expert on relationships, but somehow struggles to succeed as a brother, a son and a single parent in this heartfelt comedy from director Peter Hedges (“Pieces Of April”).
Cast: Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche, Dane Cook, John Mahoney, Dianne Wiest; Directed by: Peter Hedges
- Hitman (Action) – Synopsis: Gun-for-hire Agent 47 (Timothy Olyphant) is hired by a group known as “The Agency” to kill targets for cash.
Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Dougray Scott, Olga Kurylenko, Robert Knepper; Directed by: Xavier Gens
- No Country for Old Men (Drama) – Synopsis: “No Country for Old Men” is a mesmerizing new thriller from Academy Award® winning filmmakers Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, based on the acclaimed novel by Pulitzer Prize winning American master Cormac McCarthy. The time is our own, when rustlers have given way to drug-runners and small towns have become free-fire zones.
Cast: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, Barry Corbin; Directed by: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Buy No Country for Old Men movie posters here
- Nancy Drew (Family) Synopsis: Teenage detective Nancy Drew (Emma Roberts) accompanies her father Carson (Tate Donovan) to Los Angeles on one of his business trips and stumbles across evidence about a long-unsolved crime involving the mysterious death of a beautiful movie star. Nancy?s resourcefulness and personal responsibility are put to the test when she finds herself in the middle of the fast-living, self-indulgent world of Hollywood.
Based on characters from the Nancy Drew book series by Carolyn Keene.
Cast: Emma Roberts, Joanne Baron, Rachael Leigh Cook, Pat Carroll, Josh Flitter, Max Thieriot; Directed by: Andrew Fleming
- Sleuth (Thriller/Drama) – Synopsis: A millionaire detective novelist matches wits with the unemployed actor who ran off with his wife in a deadly serious, seriously twisted game with dangerous consequences.
Cast: Michael Caine, Jude Law; Directed by: Kenneth Branagh