How to Print a Test Page in Windows?
Using the Test Page function in Windows is one of the most efficient ways to check the testing and communication between your printer and the computer system. It is always sent from the printer driver directly and thus helps the user determine whether the problem is with the communication type or the problem persists with the software being used by you.
Depending upon your Windows version, follow the steps given below.
- Print a Printer Test Page on Windows 8 / 8.1
- Access the Devices and Printers folder.
- On your keyboard, tap the Windows key along with the key X at the same time.
- Choose the Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel is within the Category view, choose View devices and printers within the option Hardware and Sound.
- If the Control Panel is in the small icons or large icons view, choose Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on your corresponding canon printer driver icon.
- Choose the Printer Properties coming in the pop-up menu.
- Lastly, tap on the Print Test Page button.
- Windows 10
- The first step is to go to the Devices and Printers folder.
- Now, choose the option Start and Settings and then Devices.
- You need to ensure that the Printers & scanners are highlighted on the left pane of the window.
- Then, under Related settings present at the bottom, choose the option Devices and printers.
- Do a right-click on your corresponding canon printer driver available in the list.
- Click on the Printer Properties under the pop-up menu.
- Choose the button named Print Test Page.
How to Print a Test Page in macOS?
Using the function of the Test Page in macOS is one of the best ways to check the testing and communication between your printer and the PC. It is always sent from the printer driver directly and thus aids the user in determining whether the problem is with the communication, or maybe the problem exists in the software being used.
- Go to the Apple menu, and then choose the option System Preferences.
- Select the option Print & Fax / Printers & Scanners / Print & Scan icon. (The name of the food varies depending on the version of macOS used by you)
- Choose the listing for your printer on the left pane of the window.
- Go to the option Open Print Queue.
- Choose the Printer menu available at the top of your mac screen.
- Lastly, select the option Print Test Page.
What is a Test Printer Page?
Printer Test Pages are generally used to check a variety of things with your printer setup and its maintenance and solve the issues with the printer ink cartridges or keep your printer’s general supervision.
- Print Test Page Online: Color or Black & White Test Page
What Problems will a Test Page Fix?
A printer test page will automatically identify and detect the reasons you need for printing a test page. The issues that a printer test page can identify are given: blocked printheads, alignment troubles, and can also assist in matching the replication of colors. Identifying the printer problems and issues through printing the test pages can always aid you in resolving the issues quite efficiently.
- MyHTSpace – Harris Teeter Employee Login & Sign Up Guide
- Print a Printer Test Page on macOS & Windows 10
- Movie Poster Description
- How to Sign in to MyFordBenefits For First Time?
- Best Android Emulators For Windows 10 or Windows 7 Laptop/PC
Printer test pages can also help in keeping the ink flowing in your printer. If your printer is unused for a long time, the printheads will be blocked, and the ink inside and around the printer cartridge will be dried up, thereby having blockages and inconsistent ink flows in the printer. By frequently printing a test page, you will keep a maintenance check on your printer and enhance printing quality and life. This also saves you valuable money in the long run.
This post has brought together all the general and basic information that a user needs to test page print in Canon Printers. We hope the printing issues and problems you were facing are no longer existent and our content has been of the utmost value to you. For any further help, do read out our other printing-related articles on our official website.